What Does “Personal Injury” Really Mean?
In legal terminology, personal injury covers a broad spectrum of circumstances that involve trauma (to the mind, body, emotions, finances) caused by another individual or party’s negligent or reckless actions. Thousands of Oakland residents are injured every year in these types of cases.
In the event of a serious injury or a fatality resulting from a personal injury accident, the affected individual and his or her family may be eligible to pursue compensation for damages by bringing a claim. The injured person may be entitled to payment for medical bills, loss of income, emotional problems, and other detriment.
Typical sources of personal injury accidents that stem from negligence or reckless actions include:
- Accidents on the highway: involving cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles.
- Slip and fall accidents: where a person slips and falls due to a business or property owner’s negligence in the care and maintenance of property.
- Accidents resulting from the use of defective or dangerous products: any product that is defective due to a manufacturing or design error and poses danger to the consumer.
- Accidents that occur in the workplace: these can involve hazardous machinery and apparatus or any accident that could have been prevented.
- And other personal injury sources: birth injury accidents or others involving medical malpractice, brain trauma and concussions, burn injuries due to fires, explosions, and chemicals.
Proper legal representation in personal injury cases is crucial to be certain your rights are represented effectively and compensation is pursued aggressively and to the full extent to which you are entitled. Proving these cases in court can be extremely complex, so if you or a family member has been injured in a personal injury accident in Northern California that you believe is the result of another party’s negligence, contact the Oakland personal injury attorneys with Balamuth Harrington at 1-888-254-1234 for a complimentary consultation now.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Worker Killed at Moscone Center
- How Hot Is Too Hot for a Parked Vehicle?
- In Case You Forgot…
- If You Are Injured in a Park, Can You Sue?
- Tourist Winetasting – What About the Danger of Car Crashes?