Construction Accident Attorneys in Walnut Creek
Construction Site Injuries
Construction accidents occur at residential and commercial construction projects, remodels, renovations, refinery projects, elevator construction projects, etc. They may include falls from heights, falls through holes, scaffolding accidents, failed structures, accidents involving heavy equipment or machinery, or anything that goes wrong at a construction site. Often, these injured persons are members of heavy industrial unions such as the elevator constructors, iron workers, laborers, pile drivers, operating engineers, boilermakers, electricians, carpenters, etc.
One of the most dangerous occupations in the country is working at a construction site. Hundreds of thousands of workers are injured and even killed in work site accidents each year. Construction site accidents cause more and more injuries and deaths each year.
Construction Accident Injuries
Some important things to know about construction injuries:
- It is the responsibility of the construction companies to thoroughly inspect each site with safety engineers and provide safety programs for employees. When these measures are not implemented or fail to protect construction workers, the owners, architects, insurance companies, and equipment manufacturers can be legally responsible.
- Third party negligence means the manufacturers of the various equipment and products used on the site can be found liable. It is also possible that subcontractors and even the general contractor may be contractually responsible for damages.
Generally, an employee cannot sue his employer. Usually, the only avenue open to recover against the employer for injury is a workers' compensation claim. Workers' compensation provides those workers injured on the job, or suffering from a disease while in the course of employment, benefits that include payments based on the employee's wages and total or partial disability.
Unfortunately, this alone may not be enough compensation.
Accidents and Injures That Can Take Place At A Construction Site Include:
Many serious or fatal injuries involving cranes occur each year. These occur while assembling and dismantling the crane, when the crane touches a power line, and because of failures of the crane's manufacture or construction.
Most are attributed to negligent construction and maintenance of the scaffolding. 10,000 of the 500,000 injuries that occur annually on construction sites are associated with work on scaffolds.
Compressed Gases Hazards
Mechanical as well as chemical dangers accompany the wide use of compressed gases in construction projects. Failure to follow safe handling procedures injures thousands of workers each year.
Dangerous and Defective Machines
Serious injuries result from moving machine parts when safeguards meant to protect workers are not implemented. Such preventable injuries can occur when using mechanical power presses, nail guns, and other dangerous machines.
The point of operation, power transmission apparatus and other moving parts of machines pose hazards on construction sites. These basic components of almost all machines need to be recognized as potential hazards and safety measures must be taken to protect those on the site.
Construction Site Falls
Many construction site workers are injured or die from falls on the job. These result when the work site is unstable or when fall protection equipment is misused. Many of the deaths and injuries from falls can be prevented when the proper precautions are made.
Welding, Cutting and Brazing Accidents
These hazardous activities pose safety and health risks that require employers to determine all exposures to hazards in the workplace and determine what protective equipment should be used.
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury in Northern California, please contact a skilled lawyer at Balamuth Law today for answers to your construction accident questions.
- Compressed Gases Hazards
- Construction Site Falls
- Crane Accidents
- Dangerous and Defective Machines
- Mechanical Hazards
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Trench Accident
- Welding, Cutting and Brazing Accidents
- Construction Site Injury Blogs
- Construction Zone Accidents Can Harm Both Workers and Motorists
- Oakland Construction Accident Risks
- Chemicals: Managing Chemical Safety in the Workplace
Balamuth Law has helped hundreds of people resolve their claims and obtain justice. Please look at some of our case results in our different practice areas to see how we have helped.
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Truck Accident
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Car Accident
- Oakland Car Accidents
- Oakland Construction Accidents
- Oakland Pedestrian Injuries
- Oakland Personal Injuries
- Oakland Slip and Fall Accidents
- Oakland Truck Accidents
- Berkeley Personal Injury
- Berkeley Car Accidents
- Berkeley Construction Accidents
- Berkeley Dog Bite Injuries
- Berkeley Truck Accidents