Moraga Failure to Diagnose Attorney
Was Your Medical Condition Misdiagnosed?
Where our health and wellbeing are concerned, we put a great deal of trust in the training, education, experience, and wisdom of the medical professionals who treat us. If this trust is broken, there may be cause for civil action. The failure of a medical professional to correctly diagnose an illness or condition can have grave consequences for a patient, sometimes resulting in prolonged and increased suffering, permanent injury, and even death. If you or a family member has suffered due to a medical professional's failure to diagnose what is ailing you or could potentially ail you, it is vital that you seek the advice of a qualified Moraga medical malpractice attorney.
At Balamuth Law, we care deeply about our clients. Our East Bay personal injury lawyers want to help people. This is why our firm only represents plaintiffs. If you are in need of concerned, ethical legal representation, feel free to call us at (888) 254-1234 for a consultation. We work on a contingency basis so you pay no legal fees unless we win you compensation.
Doctors and other medical professionals are highly educated and trained, but they can still make mistakes. In a diagnostic situation, the following mistakes can be made - even by experienced professionals. Here are the most common diagnosis errors:
- Missed diagnosis - A physician pronounces you completely healthy, even though you have a lingering illness or condition at the time.
- Delayed diagnosis - A physician eventually makes the correct diagnosis, but not until the sickness or disease has increased in severity, causing increased suffering and more drastic remedies.
- Misdiagnosis (or wrongful diagnosis) - When a doctor examines your symptoms but comes to the wrong conclusion as to their cause.
- Failure to see complications - The physician makes the correct diagnosis, but fails to recognize complications that could exasperate the condition or illness.
- Failure to diagnose a related disease - A physician recognizes one disease, but fails to diagnose another disease that often goes hand in hand with the first disease they recognized.
- Failure to diagnose unrelated diseases - A doctor recognizes your primary disease, but fails to diagnose an unrelated disease that is also affecting you.
Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis can occur during many stages of medical assessment and treatment. It can occur during a routine physical, a medical procedure, or an emergency room visit.
Is Failure to Diagnose or Wrongful Diagnosis Cause for a Malpractice Claim?
In a medical malpractice suit, certain things need to be proven to win a settlement:
- Your physician owed you a legal duty of care - The doctor involved should have had the medical skills and knowledge of a reasonably competent medical professional.
- The physician breached that duty - The doctor made a mistaken diagnosis.
- The patient suffered some amount of harm or injury.
- The patient's harm or injury was directly caused by the physician's error.
At Balamuth Law, we have one mission: to protect the rights of wronged individuals. If you have suffered harm or injury due to a failure to diagnose or a misdiagnosis, you need to contact us. We have over 20 years experience in medical malpractice law and are not afraid to take on insurance corporations if need be. Call our East Bay offices at (888) 254-1234 for a free, no obligation, consultation. You and your family are important to us.
Balamuth Law has helped hundreds of people resolve their claims and obtain justice. Please look at some of our case results in our different practice areas to see how we have helped.
- $2,000,000 - $3,000,000
Recovery Range Kaiser Arbitration
- $2,000,000 - $3,000,000
Recovery Range Medical Malpractice
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Car Accident
Thank you so much for representing us in the lawsuit.
It was a pleasure working with you, and we feel very comfortable recommending you to anyone who comes our way who needs a personal injury lawyer. Wishing you continued success in your practice! We recommend you highly.
- Oakland Car Accidents
- Oakland Construction Accidents
- Oakland Pedestrian Injuries
- Oakland Personal Injuries
- Oakland Slip and Fall Accidents
- Oakland Truck Accidents
- Walnut Creek Car Accidents
- Walnut Creek Construction Accidents
- Walnut Creek Dog Bite Injuries
- Walnut Creek Truck Accidents