Oakland Slip and Fall Lawyers
Get Help After a Premises Liability Accident
When a person is involved in a slip-and-fall accident, they can sustain serious injuries. After a fall accident on another person’s property or at a place of business, it will become very important to determine what caused the fall and whether or not it could have been prevented. When one person’s careless actions result in someone else sustaining an injury, the victim can file a personal injury claim to seek compensation for injuries and accident-related losses from the negligent person or party.
What Causes Slip-and-Fall Accidents?
There are many hazardous circumstances and situations that can cause a slip-and-fall accident, including but not limited to the following:
- Broken steps. Stairs that are cracked, uneven, or broken can cause a person to slip and fall. A property or building owner is responsible for quickly repairing any damaged stairs to prevent a visitor from falling because of the broken stair and sustaining an injury.
- Wet, slippery floors. A property or building owner is required to warn visitors that a floor is wet or slippery. If they fail to do so, an injury may result.
- Uneven floors. Properties or buildings that have floors that are cracked or uneven can lead to a visitor falling. If this problem exists, the owner needs to mark the hazardous area clearly to warn visitors that they need to be on alert.
- Workplace injuries. In particular, workplaces are known for workers sustaining injuries due to fall accidents, especially at construction sites. Both employers and property owners are responsible for providing workers with a safe working environment that minimizes slip-and-fall dangers.
Proving Liability in a Slip-and-Fall Accident
Following a slip-and-fall accident, there will be many questions for the victim to answer, including whether or not they should have reasonably been aware of the hazardous condition before the accident, whether or not there were signs that warned visitors of the condition, and whether or not they were acting reasonably at the time of the accident. These important questions will help conclude how much negligence can be attributed to the property or building owner in an slip-and-fall accident.
A property or building owner is not liable automatically for a victim’s injury and accident-related losses if someone simply falls on their premises. The victim will have to prove that the owner was in some way negligent. With the assistance of a skilled lawyer that has successful experience handling similar cases, an injured victim can prove that a hazardous condition existed on the premises, that they were injured because of the condition, and that the owner knew or should have known about the condition but failed to adequately protect visitors from it. Once these and other factors are proved, a victim may be eligible for compensation for injuries and other damages.
Call (510) 832-3100 for a Free Consultation
If you do not have a skilled attorney in Oakland fighting for your legal rights, you may receive a settlement that is not adequate. At Balamuth Law, our Northern California slip and fall lawyers have helped injury victims successfully hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. To find out how we can help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve, call (888) 254-1234 to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys today.
Balamuth Law has helped hundreds of people resolve their claims and obtain justice. Please look at some of our case results in our different practice areas to see how we have helped.
- $2,000,000 - $3,000,000
Recovery Range Kaiser Arbitration
- $2,000,000 - $3,000,000
Recovery Range Medical Malpractice
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Car Accident
Thank you so much for representing us in the lawsuit.
It was a pleasure working with you, and we feel very comfortable recommending you to anyone who comes our way who needs a personal injury lawyer. Wishing you continued success in your practice! We recommend you highly.
- Oakland Car Accidents
- Oakland Construction Accidents
- Oakland Pedestrian Injuries
- Oakland Personal Injuries
- Oakland Slip and Fall Accidents
- Oakland Truck Accidents
- Walnut Creek Car Accidents
- Walnut Creek Construction Accidents
- Walnut Creek Dog Bite Injuries
- Walnut Creek Truck Accidents