Walnut Creek Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
Injured in a Fall Accident? Call (888) 254-1234
Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone and occur nearly everywhere. Almost everyone has slipped and fallen in their home, on a sidewalk, in a building or another location. Under California law, slips and falls and other liabilities are premised on negligence. That is, a situation where a person or other legal entity created, or failed to prevent, a situation that resulted in someone being injured. If someone is found to have been negligent, they may be held liable for the injuries to someone or something. If you or someone you care for has suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident, the Bay Area slip and fall lawyers at Northern California personal injury law firm Balamuth Law, may be able to help. Please call us today at (888) 254-1234.
California Premises Liability Law
California has premises liability laws to decide who is responsible when a slip and fall accident occurs and to protect citizens from negligent property owners. Despite these laws, when someone slips and falls on another person's property, it is often difficult to determine whether someone is liable and to what degree they are responsible for the slip and fall accident. In such cases, a Northern California slip and fall attorney must prove that:
- A property owner was responsible for creating or ignoring an unsafe condition that lead to someone slipping and falling
- A property owner knew of the dangerous condition or situation, but made no effort to rectify the situation with signs, etc., placing others at risk of injury
- A property owner was aware, or should have been aware, of the dangerous conditions that a "reasonable" person would have discovered and would have taken remedial actions to prevent someone from slipping and falling
Some examples of conditions that could potentially lead to slip and fall accidents include water or another liquid left on a floor for an extended period of time, loose stair steps or handrails, failure to notify people of a slick floor, loose tiles, poor architectural design, and other situations.
Compensation for Serious Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall accident can result in serious sprains, broken and fractured bones, head injuries, hematomas and other serious injuries. The elderly are especially vulnerable to serious injury in a slip and fall, and injuries such as broken hips can negatively affect their mobility and quality of life forever. If you or someone you care for has been injured in a slip and fall accident, the Bay Area slip and fall attorneys at Balamuth Law, may be able to help. They may be able to hold the property owner responsible for their negligence and prevent others from being hurt in a slip and fall accident. Call them today to schedule a consultation to discuss your case.
- Slip & Fall
- Premises Liability
- Elderly Slip and Fall Accident
- Structural Defects
- Weather Related Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident Blogs
- Protecting Elder Loved Ones from Injury Accidents
- Winter Weather May Increase Risks of Slip and Fall Accidents in Northern California
Balamuth Law has helped hundreds of people resolve their claims and obtain justice. Please look at some of our case results in our different practice areas to see how we have helped.
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Truck Accident
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Car Accident
Thank you so much for representing us in the lawsuit.
It was a pleasure working with you, and we feel very comfortable recommending you to anyone who comes our way who needs a personal injury lawyer. Wishing you continued success in your practice! We recommend you highly.
- Oakland Car Accidents
- Oakland Construction Accidents
- Oakland Pedestrian Injuries
- Oakland Personal Injuries
- Oakland Slip and Fall Accidents
- Oakland Truck Accidents
- Walnut Creek Car Accidents
- Walnut Creek Construction Accidents
- Walnut Creek Dog Bite Injuries
- Walnut Creek Truck Accidents