bay area hazardous highway
This is part one of a two-part blog series on dangerous roads in Northern California. Please read the second installment on dangerous roads.
Auto accidents can have a number of causes, and driver negligence is frequently to blame for Northern California traffic collisions. However, certain elements that contribute to a crash may be out the control of the driver, and a highway or roadway that is poorly designed or ill-maintained can put the safety of an unsuspecting motorist in jeopardy. Narrow, curvy roads with blind turns create hazards for all vehicles that share the road, including commercial trucks, bicyclists, motorcycles, and cars.
A report by SFGate.com lists the following five potentially dangerous highways in Northern California on which drivers should use extra caution:
- Kaiser Pass Road, Fresno County: Drivers using this road, which is 14 miles from Huntington Lake to Mono Hot Springs and another five to Edison or Florence Lakes, face narrow blind curves with drop-offs to below canyons.
- Mineral King Road, Tulare County: Mineral King Road, which contains 24 miles of road that takes you to Mineral King and Sequoia National Park, is a narrow road with dozens of blind curves.
- Highway 299, Shasta County: The 10-mile stretch from west of Whiskeytown Lake to Buckhorn Summit may cause a speeding motorist to go off the side of the road or into a ditch.
- Highway 49, Merced County: The 15 miles from Coulterville south to Bear Valley has impatient motorists, especially motorcyclists, cutting turns on the wrong side of the road. This may result in a deadly head-on collision.
- Highway 70, Yuba County: The 27 miles from Oroville to Marysville produces a mix of fast and slow traffic, and the 12-mile stretch between Cox Lane and Silva Avenue can be particularly treacherous.
The Walnut Creek traffic accident lawyers of Balamuth Law urge all California motorists to drive safely, alertly, and distraction-free to help prevent a dangerous collision. However, not all accidents are preventable, and a crash can have devastating results for anyone involved. If you have been injured in an auto accident caused by another person’s negligence, our experienced legal team can help you recover from your losses. For a free consultation, please call (888) 254-1234.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101