bay area super bowl safety | Northern California Personal Injury Blog
With multiple teams in the National Football League, California often has cause to celebrate a “home team” heading for the Super Bowl. While our state doesn’t have a team in the game this year, Super Bowl parties are still going to be celebrated all over California, and many will serve alcohol.
Drunk driving can cause serious accidents, and the NFL is encouraging fans to remember that “Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk.” Here are some ways you can help keep impaired drivers off the road and decrease the risk of a possibly fatal accident harming you or someone you love.
- If you host a party, make sure all your guests have a sober ride home before you start serving alcoholic drinks. Serve only one drink at a time per guest, and make sure no one under age 21 is drinking alcohol.
- Give designated drivers some extra consideration. Prime parking spots, the best seat in the house, bottomless non-alcoholic drinks and snacks, and offering to pick up the tab are all ways you can show your appreciation and encourage designated drivers to volunteer in the future.
- Keep the phone numbers for local cab companies or other mass transportation in your cell phone, so you can call a sober ride for anyone who looks like they can’t drive themselves home safely.
- Buckle up. Your seat belt is your best line of defense in a crash.
At Balamuth Harrington, an experienced Bay Area car crash attorney is dedicated to helping those injured in car crashes and their families navigate every step of the post-accident process, from filing an insurance claim to seeking compensation in court. If you or someone you love has been injured by a drunk driver, please don’t hesitate to call our office toll-free at (888) 254-1234. The consultation is free and confidential.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101