burn degree information
A number of types of injuries can have a serious impact on the health and well-being of a person, but a burn injury is one of the most painful injuries a person can endure and is also exceptionally difficult to recover from. A burn injury is when tissue is damaged by things like heat, sunlight, or chemicals, and a burn can be caused by a variety of different things; however, the most common causes of burn injuries are gases, flammable liquids, scalds, and building fires.
Burns can range in severity and are classified into three different categories based upon how much the skin and its underlying tissues have been damaged. The following is more information on the three different degrees of burns:
- 1st degree burns: These burns only affect the outer layer of the skin called the epidermis.
- 2nd degree burns: This type of burn damages the epidermis and the dermis, which is the layer underneath.
- 3rd degree burns: The most severe type of burn, this involves damage or complete destruction to fullest depth of the skin and underlying tissues. A person with a third degree burn will likely need a skin graft.
Depending on the severity of the burn, treatment for a burn injury can include ointments and antibiotics to prevent and treat infection, skin grafts, rehabilitation for severe burns, and psychological support following the accident.
At Balamuth Law, our Walnut Creek burn injury attorneys understand the detrimental effects a burn injury can have on a person and the extensive recovery time and medical treatment that may be needed as a result. As such, it is imperative that those harmed as a result of another’s negligence understand that they have legal recourse. Our skilled legal team will work diligently to ensure at-fault parties are held accountable and that you receive the compensation you need to heal.
For more information on how we can help, call (888) 254-1234.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101