northern california accident injury attorney | Northern California Personal Injury Blog
About 1.5 million Americans currently live in nursing homes or similar long-term care facilities, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Too many of these facilities are under-staffed and under-funded, increasing the risk that any of these nursing home residents will suffer from neglect in some way.
Nursing home neglect involves the failure of caretakers to provide necessary services or assistance to an elderly resident. Some signs that your loved one may be suffering the effects of neglect include:
- Falls. Not all falls can be prevented, especially when an elderly person has little mobility, but repeated slip and fall accidents or falls that cause serious injury may be a sign of neglect. Restraints are not effective in preventing falls and should not be used in an attempt to prevent them.
- Bed sores. These form when some part of the body is in contact with a bed, wheelchair, or other surface for prolonged periods. Watch for open sores or red spots that don’t turn white when pressed, and alert staff immediately if a bed sore is forming.
- Malnutrition or poor hygiene. Signs that your loved one isn’t getting needed help with eating, drinking, or grooming, such as soiled clothes, tangled hair, or malnutrition, may also be signs.
At Balamuth Law, we believe that abuse or neglect of any person is unacceptable, and that those who cause it should be held responsible. If you or someone you care about has been injured by nursing home neglect or abuse, call our Oakland personal injury lawyers today at (888) 254-1234 to learn more about your legal rights and options. Your call is free and completely confidential.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101