northern california brain injury treatment | Northern California Personal Injury Blog
A traumatic brain injury occurs when an external mechanical force causes brain dysfunction, such as an object penetrating the skull or a violent blow or jolt to the head. As a traumatic brain injury can severely impact every aspect of a person’s life, including their personal relationships and communication, coping with this type of injury can be exceptionally difficult. However, there are excellent forms of medical treatments available that can help a person recover to the best of his or her abilities.
The following is more information on three treatments for a traumatic brain injury:
- Medications: Medication can be given to limit secondary damage to the brain immediately after an injury. The different medicines may include anti-seizure drugs, as those who have had a moderate to severe brain injury are at risk of having a seizure; diuretics, which can help reduce pressure inside the brain; and coma-inducing drugs, as a comatose brain needs less oxygen to function.
- Surgery: Emergency surgery may be needed to minimize additional damage to brain tissues. Surgery can address the following problems: removing clotted blood, repairing skull fractures, and opening a window in the skull to relieve pressure inside the skull.
- Rehabilitations: A majority of individuals who have had a significant brain injury will require rehabilitation to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and help them relearn basic skills, such as talking or walking. Therapy usually begins in the hospital and continues at an inpatient rehabilitation unit, such as a residential treatment facility.
A traumatic brain injury is a life-changing injury, but with the proper medical care and treatment, a person can heal and live his or her best life. The necessary medical care can, however, be costly and create undue financial strain. The brain injury lawyers of Balamuth Law can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover when your brain injury was caused due to the reckless actions of another person.
To see how we can help you as you recover from your injury, call (888) 254-1234.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101