northern california worker injury causes
Accidents in the workplace are unfortunately very common in California and across the nation. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) conducted a study in which the results revealed that there are 3.5 work accident cases per 100 full-time employees; specifically, 3.1 million non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses reported in 2010. With this alarming statistic in mind, it is imperative that Northern California workers understand some of the common causes of on-the-job accidents in order to try and prevent them.
Courtesy of BoltInsurance.com, the following is more information on four frequent causes of workplace accidents:
- Defective equipment: Equipment and machinery used on the job should be routinely inspected to ensure it is in proper working condition. If not working properly, equipment should be repaired, which can prevent a potentially dangerous incident.
- Hazardous chemicals: When employees are working with chemicals, a company’s safety manual should address the possibly hazardous chemicals in the workplace and how to handle them. Additionally, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) can provide a chemical safety program to educate and train employees.
- Insufficient training: Workers who do not receive proper training may be at-risk for an accident. Employees should get thorough safety training, including wearing protective gear, proper storage and use of chemicals, and maintenance of equipment.
- Lack of protection: Employees should protect themselves from a potential accident by wearing the appropriate safety gear for their task, such as hard hats, gloves, goggles, and safety shoes.
Prevention is key in ending many common California workplace accidents, but on-the-job incidents can certainly still occur and leave a worker with serious injuries and a lengthy recovery time. For workers who need assistance obtaining workers’ compensation benefits, a Walnut Creek on the job injury attorney at Balamuth Law can help you through the entire process. To see how we can help you with your case, call (888) 254-1234.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101