san francisco construction fall prevention | Northern California Personal Injury Blog
The construction industry is one of the more dangerous industries a person can work in, and construction sites have a number of hazards that may potentially harm a worker. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls are the most common cause of fatal injuries to construction workers. In addition, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that more than 100,000 are injured from construction site falls each year, making falls one of the more serious and life-threatening types of accidents a construction worker can be involved in.
Though the statistics show that fall accidents at construction sites are very common, they are also preventable. There are a number of things contractors and foreman can do to make the workplace safer for employees, but workers can also help prevent these dangerous types of accidents by using the best safety practices while above the ground. With this in mind, the CDC and OSHA offer the following tips to help prevent a construction-related fall accident:
- Ladder safety in California is essential! Choose the right kind of ladder for the job you’ll be doing and make sure the ladder is long enough and is in good working condition. When working, tie the top and bottom of the ladder to fixed points.
- Use the appropriate fall protection equipment for the task. Fall protection equipment should be continuously inspected to ensure it is in good working condition and safe for workers to use.
- Prevention is key in stopping falling accidents, so employers should plan projects to help workers get the job done safely. Proper planning should include deciding what tasks will be done, how they will be completed, and what safety equipment will be needed.
- Proper protection and overall safety gear for the task at hand should be provided, and workers should be trained on the specific equipment they are using to complete the job. Employers should train workers to recognize potential hazards and how to safely and effectively use equipment.
A construction site fall is a very dangerous, and potentially deadly, type of on-the-job accident that can leave a worker seriously injured and unable to return to work for a lengthy period of time. In order for a California construction worker to receive the benefits he or she needs to recover, a worker may need assistance from a qualified Northern California construction injury lawyer. At Balamuth Law, we are committed to protecting the rights of workers injured due to another’s negligence while at work and can help you obtain the compensation you need to get back on your feet. Call (888) 254-1234 for no-cost consultation on your case.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101