Berkeley Construction Accident Lawyers
After a Construction Site Accident, Call (925) 887-0809
Construction is a valuable field of work to the ever growing city of Berkeley and northern California as a whole. For those working in the field, jobs can vary widely and take them to many different environments. However, one thing remains consistent, accidents at construction sites can easily lead to major injuries.
These injuries can cause a worker to be unable to work for a lengthy period of time and possibly suffer permanent disabilities. Losing the ability to work or requiring medical care can put a financial strain on construction workers and their family. But this does not have to be the case. By filing for workers' compensation, you can have your losses partially covered and have the chance to heal to the best of your ability.
Have you been injured, but do not know what is the next step that you should take? Call Balamuth Law for a no-obligation, no-cost consultation with one of our Berkeley accident lawyers. With our years of experience helping those who have been injured in the workplace, we can share our in-depth knowledge with you so that you can safeguard your future.
Qualifying for Compensation in Berkeley
The guidelines surrounding workers' compensation benefits are different than those involving injuries suffered in everyday accidents. For those who have been injured while on the job, understanding what can and cannot be covered by workers' compensation is vital for a successful claim.
- Injuries must be suffered while on the clock at your work, not just simply at your workplace.
- The injury must have occurred while completing your job duties. Taking actions that are not part of your job may not be covered.
- No one else has to have caused your injury. It could have occurred just by you simply making a mistake.
- Injuries can be slowly caused over time by repetitive motions, such as carpal tunnel or many types of back injuries.
- Workers' compensation forms must be properly filled out. This is used to report the injury to employers and insurance providers to show that the injury is legitimate and falls within the guidelines.
What Does Workers' Comp Cover?
Workers' compensation benefits for injured workers are meant to help people who cannot complete their duties due to injury. According to the California Department of Industrial Relations, there are five basic benefits that workers can receive.
- Medical care paid by the employer to help workers recover from injury or illness.
- Temporary disability benefits to cover lost wages while being unable to work.
- Permanent disability benefits when the injury can never heal completely.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits that pay for retraining or skill enhancement when a worker cannot return to the job.
- Death benefits, which pay the family members of those who have died from work injuries.
Dedicated to the Future of Berkeley Workers
At Balamuth Law, we understand how devastating a Berkeley construction accident can be for a worker and those who depend on him or her. Our Northern California construction accident attorneys are dedicated to helping workers find the compensation they deserve in order to properly cope with their losses. No worker is looking to get injured and lose their source of income. With our help, you do not need to suffer the financial burdens that were caused by an unexpected accident. Call our legal team at (888) 254-1234 or (925) 887-0809 for more information on how we can help you pursue compensation to aid in your physical and financial recovery.
Balamuth Law has helped hundreds of people resolve their claims and obtain justice. Please look at some of our case results in our different practice areas to see how we have helped.
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Truck Accident
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Car Accident
- Oakland Car Accidents
- Oakland Construction Accidents
- Oakland Pedestrian Injuries
- Oakland Personal Injuries
- Oakland Slip and Fall Accidents
- Oakland Truck Accidents
- Berkeley Personal Injury
- Berkeley Car Accidents
- Berkeley Construction Accidents
- Berkeley Dog Bite Injuries
- Berkeley Truck Accidents