Walnut Creek Truck Accident Attorneys
Legal Representation After a Truck Accident
There are few accidents on the road that have the potential to be as devastating and terrifying as a large truck accident. If you or a loved one has recently suffered through such a wreck, you more than likely have a number of serious concerns, such as:
- Will I be able to pay all of these bills on time?
- Who is responsible for this accident?
- How will we ever recover from this?
- Can I take legal action?
- Should I call a lawyer?
Know that all of your concerns are entirely valid and support is available. At Balamuth Law, we have seen the terrible burden such accidents place upon a family and we have dedicated our practice to helping the survivors obtain the justice they deserve. While financial compensation may not be able to undo the terrible damage that you have suffered, it can help relieve some of the immediate economic stress you may be experiencing. Call our office today and schedule a free and confidential case consultation with our truck accident team. Dial (925) 254-1234 or submit your information via the form found on this page.
Common Types of Injuries
Tractor-trailers are extremely powerful, especially when compared to standard passenger vehicles, such as pickup trucks or motorcycles. While they useful in transporting large amounts of cargo from one place to another, in the hands of an incompetent or neglectful driver, large trucks pose a significant risk for other motorists. Because of a truck's overwhelming size and speed, injuries associated with truck accidents are quite often catastrophic:
If you have experienced one or more of the aforementioned injuries, or have lost a loved one in a Northern California tractor-trailer accident, we highly recommend contacting our office at your earliest convenience. Let our experience and dedication to victim's rights work for you. The number to call is (925) 254-1234.
What Causes Large Truck Accidents?
Unfortunately, there are countless possible ways a large truck could be involved in an accident. More often than not though, it will involve the driver in some capacity. However there are a number of other potential causes. Consider some of the following:
- Truck maintenance - Large trucks are complicated machines, and to ensure that they run properly, regular maintenance is required. If trucks are not serviced, major problems can develop, including brake failure and unexpected acceleration.
- Truck driver negligence - Due to financial incentives, some truck drivers knowingly disobey trucking regulations by driving for longer periods of time than legally allowed, refusing to take mandatory rest stops, and using over-the-counter stimulants to stay awake.
- Faulty Truck Machinery - Defects involving tires, mirrors, brakes, lights, fuel systems and other truck parts can result in deadly accidents. All equipment and truck parts must be checked often to ensure that they are free from defects.
If you have recently been involved in a truck accident, it is imperative that you contact one of the skilled Oakland truck accident attorneys at Balamuth Law as soon as possible. You may be facing countless expenses associated with physical therapy, medical specialists, pharmaceuticals, lost wages and other accident related bills. While the truck company's insurance adjustor may suggest they are prepared to help you, nothing could be farther from the truth. The fact remains that your settlement is probably worth far more than they are willing to admit. Let our experienced attorneys deal with those profit driven entities on your behalf. Call today - (925) 254-1234 or at (888) 254-1234.
Truck Accident Verdicts & Settlements:
Listed below are verdicts and settlements obtained by Balamuth Law on behalf of victims of truck accident injuries:
Case Name: Jon Doe v. Truck Driver; Trucking Company
Recovery Range: $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Case Name: Lisa Doe v. Driver
Recovery Range: $650,000 - $1,000,000
Case Name: Doe Parents v. Driver
Recovery Range: $400,000 - $650,000
Case Name: Nelia Doe v. Trucking Company
Recovery Range: $250,000 - $400,000
Click here for more information about these truck accident verdicts and settlements.
- What to Do after a Truck Accident
- Common Causes of California Truck Accidents
- Causes and Statistics for Oakland Truck Accidents
- 2017 Large Trucks Traffic Safety Facts
- Trucking and Motorcoaches - U.S. Department of Transportation
Balamuth Law has helped hundreds of people resolve their claims and obtain justice. Please look at some of our case results in our different practice areas to see how we have helped.
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Truck Accident
- $1,000,000 - $2,000,000
Recovery Range Car Accident
- Oakland Car Accidents
- Oakland Construction Accidents
- Oakland Pedestrian Injuries
- Oakland Personal Injuries
- Oakland Slip and Fall Accidents
- Oakland Truck Accidents
- Berkeley Personal Injury
- Berkeley Car Accidents
- Berkeley Construction Accidents
- Berkeley Dog Bite Injuries
- Berkeley Truck Accidents