slip and fall accidents | Northern California Personal Injury Blog
Slip and fall cases involve claims where an individual trips (or slips) and falls due to a property owner’s negligence. Slip and fall incidents can happen anywhere, but in bustling cities like Oakland they are especially common due to high pedestrian traffic and unpredictable property conditions.
Some causes of slip and fall accidents in Oakland in which the property or business owner may be liable include:
- Wet, slippery floors: Floors that are slippery for any reason should be clearly and adequately labeled to warn pedestrians and business patrons.
- Broken or cracked steps: Owners should repair any broken or cracked steps that may lead to falls.
- Bumpy or lopsided floors: These can easily trip pedestrians and business patrons if left unmarked or open.
- Workplace injuries: Employers and property owners must provide safe working environments that minimize dangers to their workers.
It’s important to realize that the property or business owner is not automatically liable in the case of a slip and fall. The victim will have to prove that someone’s negligence caused the dangerous condition and that he or she was not adequately warned of the dangerous condition.
Proper legal representation is especially crucial in these cases to ensure your rights are adequately guarded and, when appropriate, that remuneration is aggressively pursued and obtained. Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident in Oakland or somewhere else? The Northern California slip and fall attorneys with Balamuth Harrington are ready to assist you. Call 1-888-254-1234 to schedule a free review of your case today.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Be Aware Of Drunk Drivers During The Holidays
- Bicycling Accidents in the Bay Area
- Oakland Community Rallies for Improved Street Safety Following Deadly Hit and Run
- Bicyclist Fatality Provides a Stark Reminder of the Importance of Bike Safety
- 4 Dead in Wrong-Way Crash on Highway 101