Common Causes of California Truck Accidents
Any traffic accident in Northern California can result in serious injuries and property damage, but a semi truck collision in particular can have some of the most devastating effects on the people involved. Simply due to the large size of a big rig, which can legally weigh up to 80,000 pounds, a collision with a smaller vehicle can mean its occupants will suffer life-threatening injuries, while the truck driver and his or her passengers will likely not be harmed. As the impact of a Northern California truck accident can be severe, it is important for motorists in the Golden State to understand the causes of truck crashes in order to avoid potential roadway hazards.
The following are some common causes of commercial truck accidents:
- Driving for continuous hours without sufficient rest or breaks. Truck driver fatigue is one of the main causes of large truck accidents.
- Loading the truck to more than the maximum capacity, or not properly securing loads.
- Excessive speeding, as driving over the speed limit to meet deadlines and schedules may lead to a serious accident.
- Driving the truck without the proper qualifications and required training. Safely operating a truck is difficult and requires skill and proper training to be driven responsibly.
- Proper maintenance and inspection of a semi truck is essential to keep it running smoothly and prevent a severe crash, so not performing appropriate pre- and post-trip checks can be an unsafe practice.
- Similar to other vehicles on the road, driving a truck under the influence of drugs or alcohol is very dangerous and can endanger the safety of everyone on the road.
A truck accident is one of the most severe types of collisions a person can be involved in and can undeniably change your life in an instant. If you have been involved in a Northern California truck accident caused by the negligence of another party, don’t hesitate to contact a truck crash attorney in Santa Clara County with Balamuth Law. We will work tirelessly to ensure your rights are protected in your battle against trucking companies, as well as insurance companies. Call (888) 254-1234 for a free case evaluation.
- Accountant Malpractice
- Auto Collision
- Auto Maintenance
- Auto Product Liability
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Child Injury
- Compressed Gas Accident
- Construction Site Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys Child Products
- Dog Bite Attack
- Firm News
- Legal Malpractice
- Manufacturing Defect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Worker Killed at Moscone Center
- How Hot Is Too Hot for a Parked Vehicle?
- In Case You Forgot…
- If You Are Injured in a Park, Can You Sue?
- Tourist Winetasting – What About the Danger of Car Crashes?